SBI PO Notification 2018 – Some major changes have been introduced in SBI PO 2018 exam pattern. Check all the important details of SBI PO Recruitment 2018, vacancy, exam dates, eligibility, selection procedure, application process, and more.
SBI PO Notification 2018
State Bank of India has released the SBI PO Notification 2018 officially. They have announced 2000 vacancies for SBI PO post 2018. This presents a wonderful opportunity for all banking aspirants to work in one of the finest bank. Online application starts from today i.e 21st April 2018. This article will guide you with complete details of SBI PO recruitment 2018.
Major Changes in the SBI PO 2018 Exam:
This year SBI has done some important changes in the SBI PO exam pattern & selection process. Here is the glimpse of major changes.
- Sectional Timings introduced in SBI PO Prelims.
- No Sectional cut off in prelims. From the top of the merit list, students approximately 10 times the numbers of vacancies in each category will be short listed for the Main Exam.
- In SBI PO Mains the total number of marks assigned to each section is not specified in the official notification.
- Students 3 times (approx.) of the category wise vacancies from the top of the merit list (subject to a student scoring minimum qualifying score in aggregate) will be shortlisted for the next round i.e Group Exercise & Interview.
- Only the marks obtained in Main Exam (Phase-II) both in Objective Test & Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE & Interview (Phase-III) for preparing the final merit list.
SBI PO Recruitment – Important Events & Dates
|SBI PO 2018 Events||SBI PO Exam Dates|
|Online Registration window||21.04.2018 to 13.05.2018|
|Payment of Application Fees/Intimation Charges||21.04.2018 to 13.05.2018|
|Download of call letters for Pre-Exam Training||28.05.2018 onwards|
|Pre-Exam Training Period||18.06.2018 to 23.06.2018|
|Prelims exam Call Letter Download||18.06.2018 onwards|
|Online Preliminary exam||1st, 7th & 8th of July 2018|
|Result of Prelims exam||15.07.2018|
|Mains exam Call Letter Download||20.07.2018|
|Online Mains exam||04.08.2018|
|Result of Mains exam||20.08.2018|
|Interview Call letter Download||01.09.2018|
|Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview||24.09.2018 to 12.10.2018|
|Declaration of Final Result||01.11.2018|
SBI PO Vacancy 2018
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
|Vacancies in PwD|
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria
(a) Educational Qualification (As on 31st August 2018)
To apply for SBI PO 2018, you must possess any of the below Educational qualifications:
- Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized by Govt. of India
- Students studying in Final Year/Semester of their Graduation can also apply but they must produce proof of passing the graduation exam on or before 31 August 2018
(b) Age Limit (As on 1st April 2018)
- Minimum Age: 21 Years
- Maximum Age: 30 Years
Below table depicts the age relaxation for under categories:
|PwD (OBC)||13 Years|
|Ex Servicemen||5 Years|
of Jammu & Kashmir
SBI PO Selection Procedure
The SBI PO Recruitment will consist of 3 stages as below:
⇒ Stage 1 – Online SBI PO Prelims Exam (Objective Test)
This is for the first time sectional timing has been introduced. There is a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong answers.
|Section||No. of Questions||Duration|
|English Language||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||20 minutes|
⇒ Stage 2 – Online SBI PO Mains Exam (Objective Test + Descriptive Test)
SBI PO Mains 2018 consist of Objective Tests & Descriptive Test. The descriptive test is conducted as soon as the Objective Test is over.
- SBI PO Mains Objective Test
For each wrong answer 0.25 marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
|Section||No. of Qs||Duration|
|Reasoning and computer aptitude||45||60 mins|
|Data analysis and interpretation||35||45 mins|
|General awareness||40||35 mins|
|English language||35||40 mins|
- SBI PO Descriptive Test
- The descriptive paper of SBI PO Mains exam is of 50 marks and 30 minutesduration. This test is conducted in online mode by typing on the computer.
⇒ Stage 3 – Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Those aspirants who will qualify the SBI Prelims & Mains will be called for GD & PI.
To see the latest SBI PO exam syllabus and pattern in detail, please scroll down.
How to apply for SBI PO 2018
The Online application has started. You can now start filling up your application form. Follow the below steps to fill the application form for SBI PO Recruitment 2018
- Visit the link given below
- Click on the New Registration.
- Enter the required details correctly such as your name, date of birth, contact details, educational qualifications etc.
- Upload scanned copy of your photograph and signature.(photo size should be not more than 50kb and signature not more than 20kb)
- A provisional Registration Number and Password will be provided.
- Pay application fee through Debit card/Credit card/Netbanking.
- Take the print out of online fee receipt and application form for future reference.
SBI PO Application Fees:
|GEN, OBC||Rs 600/-|
SBI PO Salary: Pay Scale & Emoluments:
- Basic pay – 27,620/- (with 4 advance increments)
- Pay scale – 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020 applicable to Junior Management Grade Scale-I
- D.A, H.R.A/ Lease rental, C.C.A, Medical and other allowances & perquisites as per rules in force from time to time.
Your total CTC will be between 8.20 lacs to 13.08 lacs, depending on place of posting and other factors. SBI may offer, subject to necessary approvals, a SMART Compensation Package which enable candidates a choice to monetize specific elements of the salary package.
SBI PO Notification – Download Official PDF
You can download the SBI PO offficial notification from the link below. Also you can read it from the pdf shown below: